Micro Needling At Home What Size Should You Use
Micro needling at home is not as scary as you might think. Derma rollers might look intimidating, but they’re not so bad regardless of what some people say. After you have tried every scrub, facial and chemical under the sun and see no change to your skin, at this point a derma roller starts to look pretty enticing instead of scary. If you use the right size needles, derma roll properly and keep your derma roller sanitized you will be fine and see results in no time. In this article, you will learn which size needle is right for your skin care concerns. What size head to use on different areas of the face and body. As well as how often you should use your derma roller and some important information about derma rolling. If you don’t feel comfortable derma rolling yourself I would recommend you see a professional.
**Disclaimer I am not a skincare professional. The advice and instruction that are on this post are solely from my experience and on the research that I have done on my own.
A Few Things You Need To Know Before Micro Needling At Home
- Micro needling and derma rolling are the same thing.
- Always derma roll your skin before you go to bed.
- Always sanitize your roller before and after use. Store your derma roller in the plastic package it came in.
- Keep the needles from touching other surfaces besides your skin as much as possible. Other surfaces can make the needles dull.
- Do not use exfoliants on your face, the derma roller exfoliates the skin for you.
- Do not share your derma rollers.
- You can not use Retinol before or after using derma rollers.
- For first time users that need to use two different size rollers; use the smaller one at least two times before you begin to use the larger size. See below.
- Derma Rollers need to be replaced after 10 uses.
- Derma Rollers are also used as an anti ageing treatment and can be used under the eyes, lips, neck and chest. They have also been used for stretch marks, underarms (armpits) and for hair growth.
- There are different size rollers but only a few sizes can be used at home. See below.
- Never derma roll if the next day you plan to shave, wax, work out or be in the sun for a long period of time. Wait at least 24 hours without doing these activities. I suggest you do these activities at least 24 hours before you use the derma roller. If you don’t wait you will have a severe burning or itching reaction. Not good, it happened to me the first time. If this happens to you apply organic aloe vera to help soothe the skin. And stop doing what caused the irritation.
- Do not derma roll if you have acne or open wounds in the areas you plan do derma roll. Unless you can work around them. Derma rollers do not remove acne.
- The derma roller works best on new scars. It takes a bit longer to get rid of older scars.
- The derma roller does not remove hypertrophic scars (raised).
- Men can also use a derma roller.
- If you are pregnant ask your doctor if you can use the derma roller while pregnant.
Micro Needling At Home With The Proper Derma Roller
If you have decided to do micro needling at home it’s important you know which derma roller is right for your skin care concerns. There are two things you need to look at before you buy yourself a derma roller.
- Size of the head
- The length of the needle
The size head is how wide the actual roller is and this is determined by the number of needles it has. Basically the more needles the wider the roller is. Derma rollers range from 180 to 1200 needles. Heads that range between 300 to 600 are a good size for the face, neck and the armpits. Rollers that have 180 needles work best for smaller areas such as under the eyes and for the nose. Anything above 700 is for larger parts of your body like the chest, abdomen, legs and even your buttocks.
What Length Needle Should I Use When Micro Needling At Home?
I mention what size needle should one use when micro needling at home the reason is there are lengths of needles that should only be done by a professional. A professional would have the adequate tools and not to mention the anaesthesia that would best numb your skin when deeper penetration is needed. Needle lengths .2mm through 1.5mm are safe to use at home if used properly. Over the counter numbing creams with 5% lidocaine will do just fine with the length of those needles. But if you don’t have too much pain tolerance than I would recommend you see a professional instead of micro needling at home.
This is very important; if you have not used a derma roller before or have not used one in a while you need to gradually work your way up to the length needle you need. I would recommend starting with the .2mm when you want to get to .25mm. All other sizes start with the .25mm and work your way up to the desired length needle. For each size use it at least two times before you jump to the next size.
Now as I mentioned you need to use the proper needle length for each area. Only use .2mm through 1.0mm on your face, neck, chest and armpits. Needle length 1.5mm is to only be used on the rest of the body. Also for the neck, I would advise using .2mm though .25mm at the most. The size .2mm is not on the chart but it is mostly used for serum penetration on the neck and face as well as the armpits. Such as brightening serums, or anti-ageing serums.
With acne scars it does not matter the number of scars, what matters is the depth of the scars. I have included some pictures so you can have an idea to which length needle is best for you. If you have acne scars you might want to read this: How to use a derma roller to get rid of acne scars.
How Often Should I Use My Derma Roller?
Every time you use a derma roller your skin rejuvenates and rebuilds itself. You must give your skin time to heal before you derma roll again. Below is a chart to give you an idea as to how often you should do micro needling at home.
Shop Derma Rollers
Derma Roller Micro needling at home for Face & Neck 0.2mm – 540 Titanium Micro NeedlesMicro Needling At Home -Derma Roller .25mm – 540 Titanium MicroneedlesDerma Roller For Micro Needling At Home 0.3mm – 540 Titanium Micro NeedlesDerma Roller 0.5mm- 540 Micro Needle Roller Micro Needling At HomeDerma Roller .75mm – 540 Micro Needles Titanium For Micro Needling At HomeDerma Roller .5mm – 1.5mm – 540 Titanium Micro Needle Micro Needling At Home 3 PackDerma Roller for Micro Needling At Home 1.5mm – 540 Stainless Steel Micro NeedlesDerma Roller Kit .25mm -540 Face & 180 Eye Titanium Micro Needling At HomeDerma Roller 3Pack – (0.2mm/0.25mm/0.3mm) 540 Titanium Micro Needling At Home
You might also like: