Facial Skin Care Routine Dry Winter Skin
Facial Skin Care Routine for Dry Winter Skin
It’s so important to have a facial skin care routine for dry winter skin. During the winter all the moisture in the air seems to vanish leaving us behind with dry thirsty skin. When the moisture in the air is gone our skin feels itchy, dry and sometimes you develop skin rashes and flakes. Your skin also tends to “shrivel” creating fine lines right above your cheekbones, forehead and the skin around your eyes. These fine lines seem to make you look older and your skin feels and looks lifeless.
During this time your skin is screaming for hydration. If you don’t hydrate your skin not only does it make you look older but the elements that roll in with the harsh cold weather can damage your skin; this can cause premature ageing to your skin. That’s why it’s so important to have a facial skin care routine for dry winter skin. Most importantly have a proper regimen lined up.
What Should I Use For My Facial Skin Care Routine Dry Winter Skin?
This year Avon has introduced their Hydra Fusion collection. Let me tell you this stuff works great! It’s perfect for your facial skin care routine dry winter skin. This line not only does it hold more than 1000 times its weight in water but it also protects your skin from environmental damage. It keeps your skin hydrated for up to 72 hours. And yes believe me that it does (long story short, I was sick for a week with a very bad cold/flu I had not washed off this product and my skin felt great ;)). About a month ago I replaced my summer products with this collection and now can’t go without it. I just love the benefits of this collection and am glad I have them for my facial skin care routine dry winter skin. It’s a lifesaver!
What I love about this collection is that it absorb into your skin effortlessly and doesn’t interfere with your makeup. The best part about the De-Puffing eye serum is that it has a cooling ceramic applicator that feels so good under the eyes. The whole collection leaves my skin feeling hydrated, my eyes don’t look tired, my skin looks supple and alive. I really love this new collection. And I’m sure you will be glad you added it to your facial skin care routine dry winter skin this year.
Tip: If you struggle with dry winter skin it is recommended to also do a hydrating mask at least two times a week. Since exfoliation drys out the skin it’s not wise to exfoliate often during the winter. Exfoliate one time a week or once every other week followed by a hydrating mask.
How Should My Facial Skin Care Routine Dry Winter Skin Look Like?
This is how to incorporate the Anew Hydra Fusion Collection for both day and night. And say goodbye to dry winter skin for good with your new facial skin care routine dry winter skin.
Before I begin if you have oily skin as I do you most likely use an oil control face soap. But during this time of the season, your skin might seem to be even more oily than before but feels dry, right?
Your skin creates more oil because it’s trying to protect itself from the lack of hydration so; technically your face is dry. If this is so, you will need to switch your oil control face soap with a face soap for dry skin and no alcohol in them, Anew Clean Illuminating Rich Cleansing Foam and AVON x THE FACE SHOP Rice Water Bright Foaming Cleanser are good ones. This is only if your face has gotten really oily during the winter but if it hasn’t then you can stay with your usual face soap (for oil control). Every other skin type can keep its current facial soap.
Facial Skin Care Routine Dry Winter Skin
- Always wash your face with face soap and warm water then pat dry.
- After washing your face you need to bring your skin’s PH balance back to normal. It’s like when you shampoo your hair you then use conditioner, if you don’t your hair will be frizzy, right? It’s the same for your skin. You bring your skin’s PH balance to normal with a facial skin toner. If you don’t use a face a toner your pores might look larger.
- Once your skin has absorbed the toner than it’s time for, yes…what your skin has been thirsting for hydration. The first one you apply is the Anew Hydra Fusion Replenishing Serum. One full pump will do just fine for the face. If you have fine lines than Anew Hydra Fusion 1.5% Hyaluronic Acid Serum would be the one for you. Because of its hydrating ingredients, it instantly plumps the look of expression/fine lines.
- Don’t forget your eyes, this is where you apply the Anew Hydra Fusion De-Puffing Eye Serum. Apply it with its ceramic tip followed by your moisturizing eye cream.
- All this is followed by the Anew Hydra Fusion Snow Cream which is great for winter because it deeply hydrates your skin. It also shields your skin so it won’t lose its moisture. Anew Hydra Fusion Gel Cream has the right amount of hydration for summer.
- And lastly, apply your day moisturizer with SPF.
There, you are done and now your skin is hydrated and looks healthy. You are ready for makeup if you wish to use it.
Do all the steps 1-4 but this time instead of using the Gel Cream (step 5) you use DRUM ROLL PLEASE…
Anew Hydra Fusion Nighttime Facial Treatment, this stuff repairs your skin while it’s re-plumping your skin with 3X more moisture as you sleep. The treatment has raspberry seed extract which protects your skin from damage caused by free radicals. And it has my all-time favorite, Shea butter beads. These beads nourish and strengthen skin’s moisture barrier. Followed by your favorite night moisturizer. Adding this treatment to your facial skin care routine dry winter skin will do wonders for your skin.
Tips: Apply Anew Hydra Fusion Gel to your neck and chest followed by Skin So Soft Firm & Restore Neck & Chest Treatment Cream. This will protect the skin on your neck from sun damage and keep it looking younger and your neck feeling soft.
You might also like: