Facial Care Oily Skin Routine
Skin Care Routine For Oily Facial Skin
Facial Care Oily Skin
This post is for those who struggle with oily skin and need a facial care oily skin routine and a proper regimen to keep facial oils under control. I know exactly how you feel I struggled with oily skin and acne since I was in my early 20’s. I just didn’t understand what was going on with my skin. Long story short I found what the problem was it only took me 14 years to figure it out but the past is the past, I am here now with clear skin and no oils sliding off, eww! I want to share with you how I got my skin oils under control so you won’t have to struggle any longer with this nuisance. Below I have written the changes I made and also my daily facial care oily skin routine and regimen.
“You Are What You Eat”
This saying is so true. If you put into your body unhealthy foods or put any kind of drugs, alcohol or tobacco in your body your skin will definitely show it. Get rid of greasy foods, chips, sweets, soda, white bread, and yellow cheeses. All these foods cause oily skin, don’t believe me? Stop eating them for a month and see what happens.
Drink plenty of water daily. Water has to do a lot with the balance of your skin. If you are not drinking enough water then your body can’t hydrate your skin, therefore, creating more oil. Drink at least 64 ounces of WATER (about four water bottles) daily. You will notice a difference in your skin within a few days. In addition to the daily recommended 64 ounces of water add the following if you drink:
Coffee: For every cup of coffee drink two cups of water.
Alcohol: For every two alcoholic beverages you should drink a 16 oz. water bottle. Not only will it keep your skin looking good but it will keep your body hydrated and help alleviate the headache that follows the next day.
Smoking and recreational drugs: Just don’t touch them. But if you must, for smoking well no amount of water will make a difference. With rec drugs the same thing as smoking. You decide on that one.
Now if you drink plenty of water and have healthy eating habits already and still have oily skin then it can be two things:
- You are putting too many healthy oils in your body such as avocados, nuts, dairy even eating too much salmon and fatty meats can cause oily skin. Remember too much of something is not good either. Watch your daily portions on these foods, drink skim milk and cook with olive oil but in small amounts.
- If you are doing all of the above and still have oily skin then it’s most likely that you have sensitive skin and are using the incorrect facial soap.
If you use “oil control” facial soap, that might be the problem. Many “oil control” soaps strip your skin from its natural oils. Sure your skin feels “normal” after you have washed it but after an hour or so your skin begins to feel dry and bam! you have a greasy face again. Why? because your skin’s pH balance has now gone out of whack, therefore, it has to create an extra amount of oil so it can keep itself protected and moist. You might also feel your face dry or itchy under the oils with these “oil control” soaps as well.
I have written the products I use in my daily skincare routine. I have been using this regimen for the past two years and my skin’s oils are completely under control and so is my acne. Keep in mind I eat healthy and drink the recommended daily water intake.
Below I have written steps and products that I use to keep my skin free of oils. Learn which face wash will work well with your facial care oily skin regimen.
*All Avon Nutraeffects creams listed below are suitable for sensitive skin, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, dye-free, paraben-free and gluten-free.
Facial Care Oily Skin
Daily Morning Routine
Facial care oily skin routine
- Every morning I wash my face with warm water and us AVON x THE FACE SHOP Rice Water Bright Foaming Cleanser, its formula removes the oils on the surface and doesn’t strip your skin from its natural oils within, so your skin won’t have to create extra oil. It’s gentle but effectively cleanses the skin of makeup, dirt, oil, and impurities. It doesn’t clog pores and is Non-irritating. Besides doing all this it also brightens your skin.
- I pat my face dry and wipe my face with a toner using a cotton ball or a face pad. A toner will shrink pores, moisturize your skin and quickly restores your skin’s natural pH balance meaning your skin doesn’t have to work so hard to restore itself. Give the toner a few seconds to dry (do not rinse off).
- Next if needed a day treatment. If you have specific skin concerns see treatments towards the bottom of the page to get more info on treatments. For example, my day treatment is Benzoyl Peroxide I use this to keep my acne under control. I allow for the treatment to soak in before I move onto step four.
- Next, I apply my day moisturizer Anew Skinvincible Day Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50 it protects from the effects of environmental skin damage while healing past damages, keeps your skin hydrated and helps minimize signs of ageing. Great for ages 25 & up. The following I recommend for teenagers and up and who have extremely sensitive skin; *Avon Nutraeffects Balance Day Cream SPF 15– anti-ageing and ultra-lightweight oil-free cream that reduces the appearance of shine and helps balance skin without disturbing skin’s natural pH balance. Another great one for ages 20 & up is Anew Vital Day Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 25. It’s anti-ageing and leaves skin feeling hydrated, look poreless in just one week. It’s formulated to fight the signs of stress, fatigue and energize the look of skin. Created to recapture the look of youthful, glowing, healthy and evenly toned skin.
- Now I apply the eye cream, you want to use an eye cream that’s specially formulated for the eye area if you use the face cream it might burn. Because of my age (40), I used Anew Reversalist Complete Renewal Express Dual Eye System this eye cream features Tri-Elastinex technology that moisturizes your skin while boosting its natural elasticity. I recommend *Avon Nutraeffects Ageless Eye Cream for teenagers & up to 39 years of age. It’s mild, it keeps plumpness and helps support the natural production of collagen. Your eyes will look rested.
- Lastly, I apply a lip conditioner to keep my lips nourished, protected from the sun and looking soft.
I then apply my makeup and I’m ready for my day. My skin stays oil free all day and doesn’t feel dry.
Facial Care Oily Skin
Facial Care Oily Skin
(I use the same cleanser, toner & eye cream that I use every morning)
- Every night I wash my face with warm water and my facial cleanser.
- Pat my face dry and apply the toner.
- I apply my night treatment, right now I am using Anew Vitamin C Brightening Serum I use this serum during the summers to keep my skin from getting uneven skin tone. I also alternate with Anew Clinical Retexturizing Peel it helps minimizes the appearance of sun spots, fine lines, and post-acne marks. See below for treatments that might fit your needs. I let the treatment soak into my skin before I apply my night moisturizer (do not rinse off the treatment). Note, you don’t have to use a treatment if you don’t have any skin concerns.
- I apply my night moisturizer which right now is Anew Clinical Overnight Hydration Mask I use this one because it deeply hydrates my skin while I sleep, which makes my skin look nice and supple in the mornings; therefore not having to create unnecessary oils. Here are moisturizers I recommend for ages 20 & up; *Avon Nutraeffects Hydration Night Gel or Avon Nutraeffects Balance Night Gel Cream Oil-Free they both keep your skin hydrated during the night so your skin looks refreshed and supple in the morning. Another great one is Anew Vital Night Cream it helps to renew and energize dull skin and helps skin look rested in the morning.
- Next is the eye cream.
- In the evenings besides caring for my face; I also apply a neck cream. Just like the skin on your face, if you don’t properly care for the skin on your neck it will begin to show signs of premature ageing. Start to care for it now with Skin So Soft Firm & Restore Neck & Chest Treatment Cream. It protects your skin from sun damage and helps your skin stay moisturized, firm and look more radiant. Don’t let your neck give away your age 😉
- Lastly, I apply the lip conditioner.
And off to bed, I go. I wake up with my face feeling moist and supple.
*All Avon Nutraeffects creams listed are suitable for sensitive skin, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, dye-free, paraben-free and gluten-free.
To your daily skin care routine always apply your face and neck creams in an upward motion Click Here to watch a video on how to properly apply face and neck cream.
Apply the eye cream by gently tapping on the skin below your eyes (white dots), below the eyebrow bone (gold line) and on the outer part of your eyes (gold dot).
Facial Care Oily Skin
You can begin to use treatments at age twenty. Add them to your daily facial care oily skin routine. Treatments target your special concerns and are an extra boost for your regimen. If you need to use more that one treatment I would recommend alternating them until your concerns have faded away. Choose the one that best fits your skincare needs:
Uneven skin tone or discolouration– Anew Clinical Absolute Even Multi-tone Skin Corrector: This serum is suitable for all skin tones and can be used on face and neck. Apply day and nights right after you use the toner and before you moisturize (do not rinse off the treatment). Use this treatment if you notice:
- dark spots
- uneven skin tone
- post-acne marks
- brown patches
- blotchy red patches
- sallowness (yellowish color to the skin)
- Reveals a fresher, smoother, more radiant look by removing dead skin cell build up
- Improves texture and radiance, helps your skin absorb treatments and moisturizers more effectively
- Minimizes the appearance of sun spots, fine lines and post-acne marks
Benefits of Brightening Serum:
- Skin looks smoother, clearer and even toned
- Enhances skin clarity
- Fights overall photodamage
- Improves skin tone and resiliency
- Visibly improves skin’s imperfections
- Contains Vitamin C and E
Dark Circles- Anew Clinical Absolute Dark Circle Corrector: This cream is to be applied under your eyes every day in the AM and PM right before you apply your eye cream. It:
- Reduces the look of dark under eye circles
- Brightens appearance of eyes
- Smoothes texture of eye areas
I hope this post on facial care oily skin helps. If you didn’t find a treatment that fits your concerns click here to view more treatments.
Shop my Avon Store for more skin care products.
You might also be interested in: