Dry Facial Skin Care for Adults
Dry Facial Skin Care Routine
Proper routine and regimen for dry facial skin care. There are a few factors in which can cause your skin to feel and look dry. Such as not eating enough foods with good oils, not drinking enough water, weather change, medication, too much coffee, smoking, recreational drugs and alcohol and even the water we use to shower can be harsh water causing your skin to dry. As you can see many factors can cause your skin to get dry.
Dry skin causes premature ageing such as fine lines which make you look older and even make your skin look dull and lifeless. Using incorrect skin care products can also cause your skin to dry. That’s why it’s so important to have the proper dry facial skin care products and a proper daily dry facial skin care routine to keep your skin looking healthy, smooth and supple.
You might think you are too young to start a skin care regimen. The truth is you are never too young to start caring for your skin. In fact, the sooner you start a daily skin care routine the better. With the right regimen, you begin to protect your skin from sun damage and other elements that can cause early signs of ageing.
Tips for Dry Facial Skin Care
Food: Eat more good fatty foods, such as salmon, avocados, cook with olive oil you can even drink a teaspoon of olive oil one to two times a week. Add white cheese to your diet and eat plenty of nuts even adding greek yoghurt helps.
Water has to do a lot with the balance of your skin. If you are not drinking enough water then your body can’t hydrate your skin. Drink at least 64 ounces of WATER (about four water bottles) daily. You will notice a difference in your skin within a few days. In addition to the daily recommended 64 ounces of water add the following if you drink:
Coffee: For every cup of coffee drink two cups of water.
Alcohol: For every two alcoholic beverages you should drink a 16 oz. water bottle. Not only will it keep your skin looking good but it will keep your body hydrated and help alleviate the headache that follows the next day.
Smoking and recreational drugs: Just don’t touch them. But if you must, for smoking well no amount of water will make a difference. With rec drugs the same thing as smoking. You decide on that one.
Medication: For medication add two more water bottles a day. It will help flush the medication out of your body sooner.
If your skin feels itchy or gets red when you get out of the shower; you might have hard water in your home’s water system. Adding a water softener or even a shower head filter will really make a difference in your skin. Click Here for good shower filters.
Below I have written steps for a daily dry facial skin care routine and regimen.
*All Avon Nutraeffects creams listed below are suitable for sensitive skin, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, dye-free, paraben-free and gluten-free.
Dry Facial Skin Care; Daily Morning Routine
- Every morning wash your face with warm water. Use Anew Clean Comforting Cream Cleanser this cleanser is wonderful for dry skin. Its creamy formula helps restores moisture leaving dry skin feeling nourished and smoother. It reinforces skin’s protective moisture barrier, effectively cleanses the skin of makeup, dirt, oil and impurities. It also improves skin tone and texture while softening fine lines and wrinkles.
- Pat your face dry and wipe your face with a toner using a cotton ball or a face pad. A toner will shrink pores, moisturize your skin and quickly restores your skin’s natural pH balance meaning your skin doesn’t have to work so hard to restore itself. Give the toner a few seconds to dry (do not rinse off).
- Next is the treatment for dry skin. Apply Anew Power Serum to face, eye area and neck. This serum hydrates your skin, smooths visible roughness and wrinkles, and returns firmness to your skin. It also boosts the benefits of your moisturizer leaving your face feeling smooth and hydrated. Another great choice to wear under your moisturizer is Anew Hydra Fusion Replenishing Serum and Anew Hydra Fusion Gel Cream these two are a power couple. They both restore hydration to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and replenishes essential moisture. I would recommend the gel-cream for the summer and Anew Hydra Fusion Snow Cream for the winter. The snow cream gives an extra boost in hydration to your skin since all moisture seems to be lost in winter.
- Next, apply the proper day moisturizer. The following are great moisturizers. *Avon Nutraeffects Hydration Day Cream SPF 15 – Powered By chia seed which is known to hold 12x its weight in moisture, helps skin feel deeply replenished and helps support the natural production of collagen. It boosts skin’s barrier function to help protect it from the dehydrating effects of external elements like wind, cold and dry air. Anew Vital Day Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 25 is also a great one. It relieves skins dryness and hydrates skin instantly, immediately boosts skin’s hydration by 178% and helps revive the look and feel of tired skin, keeps skin looking vibrant, reducing dullness and improving clarity. During the season that your skin doesn’t get so dry, I would recommend using Anew Vital Day Lotion SPF 25 it’s not as thick as the cream.
- Now the eye cream, you want to use an eye cream that’s specially formulated for under the eyes if you use the face cream it might burn. I recommend *Avon Nutraeffects Ageless Eye Cream it’s mild, it keeps plumpness and helps support natural production of collagen. Your eyes will look rested.
- Lastly, a lip balm or a lip conditioner to keep your lips nourished, protected from the sun and looking soft.
(You will use the same cleanser, toner & eye cream you use every morning)
- Every night wash your face with warm water and with your facial cleanser.
- Pat your face dry and apply the toner.
- Apply the treatment that best suits your needs (see below). Let the treatment soak into your skin before you apply your night moisturizer (do not rinse off the treatment).
- Now apply the night moisturizer. These are the ones I recommend *Avon Nutraeffects Hydration Night Gel, it keeps your skin hydrated during the night so your skin looks refreshed and supple in the morning. Anew Vital Night Cream helps renew and energize dull, overtired skin. Moisturizes skin to erase fine lines and make skin appear well rested.
- Next is the eye cream.
- Don’t forget your neck, just like the skin on your face, if you don’t properly care for the skin on your neck it will begin to show signs of premature ageing. Start to care for it now with Skin So Soft Firm & Restore Neck & Chest Treatment Cream. It protects your skin from sun damage and helps your skin stay moisturized, firm and look more radiant. Don’t let your neck give away your age 😉
- Moisturize your lips with a lip balm or a lip conditioner.
You are now ready for bed.
*All Avon Nutraeffects creams listed are suitable for sensitive skin, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, dye-free, paraben-free and gluten-free.
To your daily skin care routine always apply your face and neck creams in an upward motion Click Here to watch a video on how to properly apply face and neck cream.
You can begin to use treatments at age twenty. Add them to your daily dry facial skin care routine. Treatments target your special concerns and are an extra boost for your regimen. If you need to use more that one treatment I would recommend alternating them until your concerns have faded away. Choose the one that best fits your skincare needs:
Uneven skin tone or discolouration– Anew Clinical Absolute Even Multi-tone Skin Corrector: This serum is suitable for all skin tones and can be used on face and neck. Apply day and nights right after you use the toner and before you moisturize (do not rinse off the treatment). Use this treatment if you notice:
- dark spots
- uneven skin tone
- post-acne marks
- brown patches
- blotchy red patches
- sallowness (yellowish color to the skin)
Dry Skin– Anew Power Serum: This serum boosts the benefits of your moisturizers leaving your face feeling smooth and hydrated. The serum can be used in the AM & PM right after the toner and just before the moisturizer. Great addition to your dry facial skin care routine. Benefits of the serum:
- Anti-aging serum complements moisturizers to hydrate, smooth, and firm skin
- Advance Boost Technology helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles while increasing skin’s natural radiance
Dull Skin- Anew Clinical Extra Strength Retexturizing Peel followed by Anew Vitamin C Brightening Serum. Click Here to get further instructions on how to use these two treatments together. Benefits of Retexturizing Peel:
- Reveals a fresher, smoother, more radiant look by removing dead skin cell build up
- Improves texture and radiance, helps your skin absorb treatments and moisturizers more effectively
- Minimizes the appearance of sunspots, fine lines, and post-acne marks
Benefits of Brightening Serum:
- Skin looks smoother, clearer and even toned
- Enhances skin clarity
- Fights overall photodamage
- Improves skin tone and resiliency
- Visibly improves skin’s imperfections
- Contains Vitamin C and E
Dark Circles- Anew Clinical Absolute Dark Circle Corrector: This cream is to be applied under your eyes every day in the AM and PM right before you apply your eye cream. It:
- Reduces the look of dark under-eye circles
- Brightens the appearance of eyes
- Smoothes the texture of eye areas
I really hope this post for dry facial skin care routine works for you.