Best Skin Care Regimens for Adults
Best Skin Care Regimens
Normal & Combination Skin
Many people believe that skin care regimens are only for older people who have wrinkles. But that is not true; signs of aging are from past sun and pollution damage from when you were younger. You want to prevent this by implementing a skin care regimen and routine as soon as possible. With the right regimen, you begin to protect your skin from sun damage and other elements that can cause early signs of aging; you can also have a lower risk for adult acne.
This post best skin care regimens for normal and combination skin will give you important skin care tips, a skin care regimen, and a routine for both day and night, proper products for your skin type, and find treatments that target skin care concerns. These best skin care regimens are targeted for young adults over the age of twenty. If you are younger than twenty click here.
Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission – at no extra cost to you, which helps me cover the cost for maintaining this blog. This is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
What is My Skin Type?
Not sure which skin type you have here’s a way to find out.
Normal skin has:
- Small pores
- Soft and smooth texture
- No blemishes (pimples, blackheads, whiteheads)
- Dry or oily patches are rarely seen
- Sensitivity is not an issue
Combination skin has:
- Oily T-zone area (chin, nose, and forehead)
- Enlarged pores in the T-zone area
- Normal to dry cheeks
- Some blemishes (pimples, blackheads, whiteheads)
You can also find out by doing the following; wash your face with mild face soap. Pat your skin dry, do not apply any skincare products. Let your skin sit with nothing on it for 15 minutes. Once the time is up press the tissue paper on your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin then let go of the tissue. If it stays on you have oily skin or an oily t-zone, if it slowly falls off then you have normal skin. But if it falls off immediately you have dry skin.
Don’t have time to read me, save me for later to your beauty board 😉
How to control t-zone oils;
- Limit the intake of nuts to ¼ cup a week
- Drink skim milk or 1%
- Love chocolate eat dark chocolate instead limit to ¼ cup per week
- Stay away from yellow cheese and eat small portions of white cheese instead.
- Avoid fatty red meat or any meat with white spots such as pepperoni, salami as well as greasy Slim Jims or greasy beef jerky.
What Causes Early Signs of Aging?
As I had mentioned before damage to your skin is from past sun and pollution exposure. This can go as far back as to when you were a child. Sun rays damage your skin every time you step outside, even if you’re in a room where natural sunlight comes in. That’s why it’s so important to always use sunscreen or moisturizers with at least 15 SPF during the day even if you work indoors. Another element that causes skin damage is pollution.
Pollution hurts your skin’s barrier by breaking down collagen and lipids contained within the skin. Furthermore, pollution can cause enlarged and or clogged pores, irritation, breakouts, and rashes. You need to protect your skin from this as well. With time, all these factors catch up and start to create early signs of aging. Don’t wait till you have blotches and wrinkles to start a skin care regimen; prevent them now. But if you are already showing signs I have good news. This can be repaired with the right regimen and a bit of patience.
How to protect your skin from pollution;
- Always wash your face before you go to bed this will remove all the pollutants that have attached themselves to your skin. If you don’t wash your face you give these nasty pollutants all night to penetrate your skin barrier as well as allowing them to make a cozy home inside your pores.
- In the morning always use a moisturizer with SPF and apply an anti-pollution shield serum; in addition vamp, your regimen once a week with a charcoal mask so it can absorb stubborn toxins that are attached to your skin.
What are the signs?
More than often young adults begin to see signs of damage to their skin in their mid to late 20’s. This is because no skincare regimen or a proper one was done in their teen years. You shouldn’t see signs of aging until you are well into your late 30’s early 40’s and these signs should be very mild signs. If you are seeing these signs of aging and you are not in your late 30’s early 40’s then your skin is aging prematurely. This is not good because your skin will look worse with time unless you begin to heal your skin and protect it from future damage.
Early signs of aging include:
- Sunspots (hyperpigmentation) depending on your skin tone you will begin to see small brown or orange blotches, usually below your eyes, forehead, and/or cheeks.
- Dull skin or dry looking skin.
- Very fine lines near your eyes or forehead
Best Skin Care Regimens for the A.M.
Cleaning your skin in the morning is very important. When we sleep our body rejuvenates and releases toxins from our body. It does it by sweating and releasing oils through our pores. Washing your body and face when you get out of bed washes away these impurities and allows your skin to breathe better; otherwise, your skin will absorb the toxins back in.
Below I have written step by step for the best skin care regimens for normal and combination skin and recommended skin care products.
Best Skin Care Regimens Daily Morning Routine
- CLEANSE: Every morning wash your face with warm water. For oily t-zone skin type use the following Anew Clean Illuminating Rich Cleansing Foam. This foaming cleanser effectively cleanses the skin of makeup, dirt, oil, and impurities. It balances your skin by removing oils without stripping its moisture. For normal skin type AVON x THE FACE SHOP Rice Water Bright Foaming Cleanser is the one for you. It brightens your skin and keeps it looking healthy and is suitable for all skin types.
- TONE: Pat your face dry and wipe your face with a toner using a cotton ball or a face pad. A toner will shrink pores, moisturize your skin, and quickly restores your skin’s natural pH balance meaning your skin doesn’t have to work so hard to restore itself. Give the toner a few seconds to dry (do not rinse off).
- SHIELD: It’s a good idea to apply a shield to protect your skin’s barrier from pollution. Anew Neutralizer Anti-pollution Serum helps make your skin 4x more resistant to pollution as well as repair existing damage.
- EYES: Next is an eye cream, use an eye cream that’s specially formulated for under the eyes; if you use your face cream it might burn. I recommend Anew Vitale Eye Gel Cream it’s mild, it keeps plumpness and helps strengthen the skin’s foundation and reduce the damage that can lead to puffiness. It also helps your eyes look rested.
- SPF: Very important apply the proper day moisturizer with SPF. Anew Vital Day Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 25, and Anew Vital Day Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 25 not only do they protect your skin from harmful UV’s but they both help revive the look and feel of tired skin, keeps skin looking vibrant, reducing dullness and while improving clarity. The lotion formula is great for both oily t-zone skin type as well as normal skin type. The cream formula I would recommend to be used during the winter.
- NECK: Don’t forget your neck, just like the skin on your face, if you don’t properly care for the skin on your neck it will begin to show signs of premature aging as well. Start to care for it now apply your daily face cream or lotion to your neck. It will protect your skin from sun damage and helps your skin stay moisturized, firm, and look more radiant. You can also apply the Anti-Pollution Serum. Don’t let your neck give away your age 😉
- LIPS: Last but not least, a lip balm or a lip conditioner to keep your lips nourished, protected from the sun and looking soft.
Best Skin Care Regimens for the P.M
**Note ANEW treatments work best with other Avon & Avon X The Face Shop products</strong></a><strong>.. You will see results in two to three weeks with daily use.**
Best skin care regimens
(You will use the same cleanser, toner & eye cream you use every morning)
- CLEANSE: Every night wash your face with warm water and with the facial cleanser you used in the morning.
- TONE: Pat your face dry and apply the toner.
- TREATMENT: Apply a treatment that best suits your needs (see below). Let the treatment soak into your skin before you apply your night moisturizer (do not rinse off the treatment).
- MOISTURIZER: Now apply the proper night Oily T-zone skin type Anew Hydra Fusion Nighttime Facial Treatment, its gel keeps your skin’s oils in balance while you sleep and its shea butter beads nourish and strengthen skin’s moisture barrier. It also helps your skin look balanced all day. Normal skin type I recommend Anew Vitale Night Cream it deeply replenishes to help smooth and firm skin while you sleep. This hydrating gel-cream helps energize your skin making your skin look radiant in the morning and it also helps reduce the appearance of large pores and fine lines.
- EYES: Next is the eye cream, you can use the same one you use in the day. If you are not sure which eye cream is for you no worries click here.
- NECK: Your neck also rejuvenates while you sleep to give it a boost apply the same night cream.
- LIPS: Your lips have had a hard day as well give them some love with a lip balm or a lip conditioner.
Every day you do this routine you will wake up with radiant skin.
To your daily skin care routine always apply your face and neck creams in an upward motion Click Here to watch a video on how to properly apply face and neck cream.
To apply the eye cream gently tap on the skin below your eyes (white dots), below the eyebrow bone (gold line), and on the outer part of your eyes (gold dot).
Best Skin Care Regimens Using Treatments
To your daily skin care routine, you can add treatments which are an extra boost to your regimen. You might be asking if you really need to use treatments and the answer is no. Treatments target special concerns usual concerns for young adults are; dullness, fine lines, blotches, uneven skin tone, and/ or dark circles. If you need to use more than one treatment I would recommend alternating them until your concerns have faded away. Choose the one that best fits your skincare needs.
Uneven skin tone or discoloration– Anew Clinical Absolute Even Multi-tone Skin Corrector: This serum is suitable for all skin tones and can be used on the face and neck. Apply day and nights right after you use the toner and before you moisturize (do not rinse off the treatment). Use this treatment if you notice:
- Dark spots
• uneven skin tone
• post-acne marks
• brown patches
• blotchy red patches
• sallowness(yellowish color to the skin)
Dull Skin- Anew Clinical Extra Strength Retexturizing Peel only use this peel every other NIGHT followed by Anew Vitamin C Brightening Serum The serum can be used every night until your concern fades away.
- Reveals a fresher, smoother, more radiant look by removing dead skin cell build-up
• Improves texture and radiance, helps your skin absorb treatments, serums and moisturizers more effectively
• Minimizes the appearance of sunspots, fine lines, and post-acne marks
Benefits of Brightening Serum:
- Instantly skin looks brighter, smoother, clearer and even-toned
• Enhances skin clarity
• Fights overall photodamage
• Improves skin tone and resiliency
• visibly improves skin’s imperfections
• Contains Vitamin C and E
Dark Circles- Anew Clinical Absolute Dark Circle Corrector: This cream is to be applied under your eyes every day in the AM and PM right before you apply your eye cream. It:
- Reduces the look of dark under-eye circles
• Brightens the appearance of eyes
• Smoothens the texture of eye areas
I hope this post helps you get a daily skin regimen that works for you. This post best skin care regimens for normal to combination skin can be started at age twenty. If you are younger than twenty years of age click here to get a proper regimen.