Best Skin Care Regimens for Adults
Best Skin Care Regimens & Routine
Normal to Combination Skin
Best skin care regimens for normal to combination skin. What is normal and combination skin? Your skin is in balance or “normal” if once in a while you get a pimple here and there and have no noticeable oils or dry spots. If you have a couple of oily or dry spots on your skin and/or a couple to a few pimples here and there then you have combination skin. People with normal or combination skin don’t need to do much to keep their skin looking smooth and supple. But you are never too young to start caring for your skin. In fact, the sooner you start with the best skin care regimens the better. With the right regimen, you begin to protect your skin from sun damage and other elements that can cause early signs of ageing. This post best skin care regimens for normal to combination skin is can be started at age 20. If you are younger click here to get the proper regimen.
If your skin sometimes gets oily spots, it could be caused by certain foods that you are eating. Too many nuts, chocolate, beef jerky, fatty red meats even milk or cheese can make your skin greasy. The same goes for dry skin, if you notice your skin getting dry it can be due to not eating enough foods with good oils. Dry skin can also be caused by weather change.
**Water has to do a lot with the balance of your skin. If you are not drinking enough water then your body can’t get rid of excess oils making your skin greasy and if your skin is dry then you might be dehydrated causing your skin to feel and look dry. Drink at least 64 ounces of WATER (about four water bottles) daily. You will notice a difference in your skin within a few days.
What To Do
Oily skin: If you have to eat nuts eat small quantities of nuts like 1/4 cup of nuts a week. If Chocolate is your weakness try switching to dark chocolate and eat about 1/4 cup a week. For beef jerky stay away from Slim Jims or other greasy jerky and eat jerky that is not greasy. Eat lean red meat and stay away from deli meats that have white spots such as pepperoni or salami. For milk, opt to drink skim milk and for the cheese stay away from yellow cheese, eat white cheese (swiss or mozzarella) but in small quantities.
Dry skin: Eat more good fatty foods, such as salmon, avocados, cook with olive oil you can even drink a teaspoon of olive oil one to two times a week. Now if your skin gets dry only when the weather changes then a moisture boosting serum will do the job. See below for my recommended skin care products.
Best Skin Care Regimens –
Below I have written step by step for the best skin care regimens for normal to combination skin and recommended skin care products.
Best Skin Care Regimens –
Best Skin Care Regimens
- Every morning wash your face with warm water. Use the following: if your skin has some oily spots use Anew Clean Illuminating Rich Cleansing Foam. This foaming cleanser effectively cleanses the skin of makeup, dirt, oil and impurities. It balances your skin by removing oils without stripping its moisture. If your skin has some dry spots Anew Clean Comforting Cream Cleanser is the one for you. The cream cleanser restores moisture so dry skin feels nourished and looks smoother. Now if you have no oily or dry spots Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boosters Facial Cleanser is one I would recommend. It keeps your skin looking healthy and is suitable for all skin types.
- Pat your face dry and wipe your face with a toner using a cotton ball or a face pad. I recommend Thayers Alcohol-free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera. A toner will shrink pores, moisturize your skin and quickly restores your skin’s natural pH balance meaning your skin doesn’t have to work so hard to restore itself. Give the toner a few seconds to dry (do not rinse off).
- Now apply the proper day moisturizer. The following are great moisturizers. *Avon Nutraeffects Ageless Day Cream SPF 20 – Powered By chia seed which is known to hold 12x its weight in moisture, helps skin feel deeply replenished and helps support the natural production of collagen. Anew Vital Day Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 25, and Anew Vital Day Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 25 both helps revive the look and feel of tired skin, keeps skin looking vibrant, reducing dullness and improving clarity. I would recommend the lotion formula if you have oily spots and the cream formula if you have dry spots. If you have no oily or dry spots I would recommend the *Nutraeffects Ageless or the Anew Vital lotion.
- Next is an eye cream, you want to use an eye cream that’s specially formulated for under the eyes if you use the face cream it might burn. I recommend *Avon Nutraeffects Ageless Eye Cream it’s mild, it keeps plumpness and helps support natural production of collagen. It also helps your eyes look rested.
- Lastly, a lip balm or a lip conditioner to keep your lips nourished, protected from the sun and looking soft.
Best Skin Care Regimens –
(You will use the same cleanser, toner & eye cream you use every morning)
Best skin care regimens
- Every night wash your face with warm water and with the facial cleanser.
- Pat your face dry and apply the toner.
- Apply a treatment that best suits your needs (see below). Let the treatment soak into your skin before you apply your night moisturizer (do not rinse off the treatment).
- Now apply the proper night moisturizer (pick the one that best fits your skin type). If you are using the Avon Nutraeffects line I recommend staying with the same line. Dry spots use *Avon Nutraeffects Hydration Night Gel, it keeps your skin hydrated during the night so your skin looks refreshed and supple in the morning. Oily patches *Avon Nutraeffects Balance Night Gel Cream, its water-light gel cream keeps your skin’s oils in balance while you sleep. It also helps your skin look balanced all day. Normal (in balance) I recommend *Avon Nutraeffects Ageless Night Cream it deeply replenishes to help smooth and firm skin while you sleep. If you are using the Anew line Anew Vitale Night Cream would be the one to use. This hydrating gel cream helps energize your skin making your skin look radiant in the morning and it also helps reduce the appearance of large pores and fine lines.
- Next is the eye cream.
- Don’t forget your neck, just like the skin on your face, if you don’t properly care for the skin on your neck it will begging to show signs of premature ageing. Start to care for it now with Skin So Soft Firm & Restore Neck & Chest Treatment Cream. It protects your skin from sun damage and helps your skin stay moisturized, firm and look more radiant. Don’t let your neck give away your age 😉
- Moisturize your lips with a lip balm or a lip conditioner.
You are now ready for bed.
To your daily skin care routine always apply your face and neck creams in an upward motion Click Here to watch a video on how to properly apply face and neck cream.
Best Skin Care Regimens –
The treatments below can be used starting at the age of 20. To your daily skin care routine, you can add treatments. Treatments target your special concerns and are an extra boost for your regimen. If you need to use more that one treatment I would recommend alternating them until your concerns have faded away. Choose the one that best fits your skincare needs:
Uneven skin tone or discolouration– Anew Clinical Absolute Even Multi-tone Skin Corrector: This serum is suitable for all skin tones and can be used on face and neck. Apply day and nights right after you use the toner and before you moisturize (do not rinse off the treatment). Use this treatment if you notice:
• dark spots
• uneven skin tone
• post-acne marks
• brown patches
• blotchy red patches
• sallowness (yellowish color to the skin)
Dull Skin- Anew Clinical Extra Strength Retexturizing Peel only use this peel every other NIGHT followed by Anew Vitamin C Brightening Serum this serum can be used every night until your concern fades away. Benefits of Retexturizing Peel:
• Reveals a fresher, smoother, more radiant look by removing dead skin cell build up
• Improves texture and radiance, helps your skin absorb treatments and moisturizers more effectively
• Minimizes the appearance of sun spots, fine lines and post-acne marks
Benefits of Brightening Serum:
• Skin looks smoother, clearer and even toned
• Enhances skin clarity
• Fights overall photodamage
• Improves skin tone and resiliency
• Visibly improves skin’s imperfections
• Contains Vitamin C and E
Dark Circles- Anew Clinical Absolute Dark Circle Corrector: This cream is to be applied under your eyes every day in the AM and PM right before you apply your eye cream. It:
• Reduces the look of dark under eye circles
• Brightens appearance of eyes
• Smoothes texture of eye areas
I really hope this post helps you get a daily skin regimen that works for you. This post best skin care regimens for normal to combination skin is can be started at age 20. If you are younger click here to get the proper regimen.